Heavenly Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is not general incivility the very essence of love?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Please don't mix up the book with the movie.

What are your thoughts on the Goblet of Fire?
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:02 pm

This book was by far my favourite in the series. Although I was slightly disappointed that JK did not give Cedric much of a personality even though he was one of the key roles in the book, it was brilliantly written.
Back to top Go down
http://heavenlyrp.niceboard.net
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:03 pm

Your obsessed with Cedric Diggory. I don't think he was that much of a key character any more than Fleur Delacour or Viktor Krum. When i first read this book i was kinda put off by all the deaths... but i was young. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 pm

This was my favourite book from the series.
The only thing Cedric did was die.
Back to top Go down
BurningWish
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
BurningWish

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:15 pm

He may have died but he was pretty awesome anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.co.uk/deatheaterdylan
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Yeah he was a pretty cool character.
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Take Cedrics death out of the series, and the series is shyte. Thus he is a key character to the plot of the series.
Back to top Go down
BurningWish
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
BurningWish

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Yeah, he was one of the Triwizard Champions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.co.uk/deatheaterdylan
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:34 pm

*rolls eyes*
Matt! JK Rowling can conjur amazing plots. Take Cedric Diggory's death out of it and she would have made a different story line! It doesn't revolve around what had happened take something out. It's what would change take something out. Get my drift?
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:43 am

Princess Ceinwyn wrote:
*rolls eyes*
Matt! JK Rowling can conjur amazing plots. Take Cedric Diggory's death out of it and she would have made a different story line! It doesn't revolve around what had happened take something out. It's what would change take something out. Get my drift?

A bloody lot would change, and it wouldn't be a good series.
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:06 am

You don't know that! You don't know what storyline she would have written had cedric not died.
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:21 am

Princess Ceinwyn wrote:
You don't know that! You don't know what storyline she would have written had cedric not died.

If he had not died he would have still been a big part of the plot for being one of the people who saw Voldemort, making him an even bigger character in the story.
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:03 am

What if he wasn't in the story. Or what if he had convinced Harry to take the trophy by himself? J K Rowling had her reasons and it turned out well but it could have been written so that he wasn't a vital character. Which in a way he isn't. In the principal of the it he is... but to the veiled eye he isn't.
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:28 am

So you just admitted it. He is a key character to the story.
Back to top Go down
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:20 pm

I don't really think Harry would have been as motivated as he was to prove that Voldemort came back if Ced hadn't died. He would have just wanted to forget about it, to protect others that he cared about yeah, but he wouldn't have had to see someone else die in front of him. I think he grew as a character after Cedric's death. He saw someone else die because of him. He knew his parents died to save him and Cedric just reminded him of that. I think Cedric's death really made him fight.
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah i'm not going against any of that... I'm just saying that if Ced hadn't died, J.K.Rowling would still have come up with a fantastic story line and that Cedric Diggory might not have been such a vital character.
Back to top Go down
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah she probably would have.
To be honest, I don't really have a specific view point on Cedric's death. I can see it from both sides.
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:38 am

I don't get why Meep is so obsessed with him...
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:39 am

He. Is. Awesome.

nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 am

Nope. Not nuff said.
Back to top Go down
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Meep wrote:
He. Is. Awesome.

nuff said.
Awesome shall never be used to describe him again.
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Nope. Awesomness shall be used to describe him.
Back to top Go down
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:59 am

Fine have it your way Razz
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:29 am

I'll pretend i don't understand what awesomness is cause i can't see it in the dictionary. study
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:42 am

Princess Ceinwyn wrote:
I'll pretend i don't understand what awesomness is cause i can't see it in the dictionary. study

Its too awesome for the dictionary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next