Heavenly Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is not general incivility the very essence of love?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2008-11-04

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold Empty
PostSubject: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:58 pm

Plot:

In the year 1973, a 14-year-old girl whose name is Susie Salmon is raped, murdered, and dismembered by a 'friendly' neighbor. She is allowed to spend the next few years watching from a personalized heaven as her family and friends deal with their grief.

Plot Summary:

Spoiler:

This is by far, my favourite book of all time. The plot is amazing, even though it sounds gross and perverce. Alice Sebold is an amazingly descriptive writer, she is able to describe so much with so little. The characters are amazingly built up, and you easily get emotionly attached to them.

10/10
Back to top Go down
http://heavenlyrp.niceboard.net
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

Number of posts : 701

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:41 pm

I forgot to breathe when i was reading the summary. Lol. Sounds pretty intense...
Back to top Go down
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:56 am

That sounds really cool.
I'll check it out once I'm finished reading the Anita Blake series.
Back to top Go down
BurningWish
Awesome Poster
Awesome Poster
BurningWish

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Wow, sounds good. Really freaky too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.co.uk/deatheaterdylan
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Meh... your heart only stops when you read summaries. Course, now i know he died in the end it wouldn't be as aggravating as it might have been had i not known the story line.
Back to top Go down
xSuchABeautifulDisasterx
Poster
Poster
xSuchABeautifulDisasterx

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 am

i really did enjoy this book, i found a bit hard to get into though! And it was interesting as well. i love the different perceptions and ehr sister was my fave character.
It left me feeling a bit strange after reading it though. its hard to describe.
Back to top Go down
http://islandchick19.livejournal.com/
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:40 am

Well its not a storyline many people take up...
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:21 am

I think it is the storyline that put a lot of people off the book.. though once read, you will regret that you didn't read it sooner :]
Back to top Go down
http://heavenlyrp.niceboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold   The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heavenly Roleplaying :: Entertainment :: Books-
Jump to: