Heavenly Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is not general incivility the very essence of love?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Please don't mix this book up with 'Tales of Beedle the Bard.'

What are your thoughts on the Deathly Hallows?
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 am

Okay, out of all the books in the series.. I hated this one.

It seemed that JK tried to make it a massive book of death and destruction.. which in my mind, did not work. There was really no point in Tonks, Lupin, and Moody dying whatsoever..

I did how ever want Harry to die and was rather unhappy that JK did not kill Harry off, because I wanted that to finish off the series.. the main character in the book sacrificing himself for the rest of the wizarding world, and I know that this happened, but he didn't die. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://heavenlyrp.niceboard.net
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Meep wrote:
Okay, out of all the books in the series.. I hated this one.

It seemed that JK tried to make it a massive book of death and destruction.. which in my mind, did not work. There was really no point in Tonks, Lupin, and Moody dying whatsoever..

I did how ever want Harry to die and was rather unhappy that JK did not kill Harry off, because I wanted that to finish off the series.. the main character in the book sacrificing himself for the rest of the wizarding world, and I know that this happened, but he didn't die. Mad

I'm never going to understand how people dislike this book. I LOVED it! No point in Lupin, Tonks and Moody dying? Well there was no point in Harry dying yet you still wanted that. They were dying to save the wizarding world. I loved how Neville became a hero in this one...*sigh*
Haven't got time to finish this thingy but i'll be back later.
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 pm

There would have been a point in Harry dying.. but there was none for Tonks and Lupin, their deaths just made another fictional character parentless Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 am

You put your finger on it. Their all fictional. You can't slam them off for leaving a 'fictional' character parentless cause your opposing party will tell you that Harry's just fictional.

The point of Harry dying would be that he saved the wizarding world. Well the point of Lupin, Tonks and Madeye's deaths were because they were saving the wizarding world.
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:25 am

How exactly did they save the wizarding world?
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 am

They died trying to save the wizarding world. Duh!
Back to top Go down
sweettahsin
Great Poster
Great Poster
sweettahsin

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:56 am

To this book, all i have to say is that, most of the plots and the sub plots weren't surprising. We knew it was going to end like that. I think with all the pressure and expectations from the fans, J.K. Rowling had nothing new to give to us. =(
Back to top Go down
http://hpforum.worldgoo.com/
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:08 pm

So am i the only one who actually likes this book?
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:24 am

Seems so ;]
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:30 am

Ba humbug
Back to top Go down
FamousLastWords
FamousLastWords

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:31 pm

I kinda liked it.
Every death just added to Harry's determination. Hedwig, Mad-Eye, Tonks, Lupin, all of them gave him more courage. If each of them hadn't died then he wouldn't have seen his death as being of the utmost importance to the wizarding world, he would have tried to find a different way.
And come on, it's really being written to become a Hollywood blockbuster. Hollywood doesn't do sad endings. =P
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:08 am

Well they could have. Ever seen Lord of the Flies? That has an atrocious ending... actually it had an atrocious storyline.
Its a good point Jenn about adding to Harry's determination. What would have happened if noone had died? That just seems so stupid. How could it be the end book and not have any major deaths in it? that is way too soppy. J.K.Rowling writes fantastic books, not soap operas with complete and utter happy bliss endings. *shudder* I still think it was good that she killed off one of the twins. I think it brang a point across that beloved people were killed in the horrific battle with Voldemort and i think that the readers needed to feel the sorrow as much as other characters in the book to understand Harry's point of view... and what he did in the end.
Back to top Go down
Meep
Admin
Admin
Meep

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:57 am

Off topic:

Lord of the flies is one of my favourite books ever, it was a brilliant story, told absolutly stunningly!

On topic:

I still haven't forgiven JK for killing Tonks and Lupin.
Back to top Go down
Princess Ceinwyn
Admin
Admin
Princess Ceinwyn

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:11 am

Off topic: Lord of the flies was one of the most horrific books ever written. The way human nature can turn and... it was just a horrible book and i have to do it AGAIN next year yet write however many essays on how a female would act in that situation opposed to boys.

On topic: Can't you at least think of them as dying to save the wizarding world? This is what i mean. You have to feel the grief of losing someone in the story who you got attached to in order to understand other characters point of view in order to hook you even more into the book to have an emotional pull toward this fantastic book.

That makes no sense whatsoever. ^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Page 1 of 1